Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Song

So I have been told that my blogs are too sad and I need to write something more uplifting. I have been sad lately and when I feel that emotion, writing is my tool of release. That is why my blogs are sad. When I am happy, I can go outside and run and be with my friends and just be dumb, but when I am sad, writing is my means of escape.

So with that being said, I am going to write a happy blog to ease the readers.

I wrote a song a bit ago called Silent Whispers, which is actually posted in here somewhere. I never had the same tune in my head each time I went to sing the song. I have written quite a few silly songs where the tune is apparent the moment the song comes to mind, but for some reason, when it came to writing a real, non-silly song, the tune just wouldn't come. My friend has been having the opposite issue. He has been able to come up with tunes and no lyrics to match.

He finally emailed me asking for the lyrics to my song. He seemed to have a tune picked out the moment he read the lyrics, which makes me quite happy. This means the song can actually turn into something good that I can record. Once recorded, who knows where the song will go, but I will definitely post it on here.

I hope we can record it soon. I am quite excited.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thank you! :)

I'm excited to hear the song and see how it blows away the silly ditty I had in my head. Everything I read just defaults to Mary Had A Little Lamb ...


(I joke!)