Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Big Move

So here we are. Found an apartment with my girlfriend and mutual close friend and we’re moving in one week. I’m going to miss my parents and living in their house and just being able to see them everyday. I will still go over at least once a week for dinner and see movies with them on the weekends whenever they want to so I will still see them, which is nice and feels comfortable, but I will miss them nonetheless. They keep telling me I didn’t need to leave home just yet and I could have stayed longer, but I feel if I didn’t make the jump now, I never will. I don’t feel forced to leave at all and most 25 year olds don’t live at home anymore so it makes sense. Of course, that doesn’t stop me from being sad about the situation and packing just makes it all harder. To walk into my room and see boxes everywhere is tough. For me and my parents I’m sure. Packing is a touchy subject right now. I don’t even know where to start. I took the books out of my bookshelf and went through my closet and looked at clothes to give away and have filled 3 bags, but there’s still so much more to do. I think I need to move my clothes out before I can do anything. My mom told me to leave behind anything I didn't need and then we could go back through it later to see what more can be given away. I don't mind giving things away. I have never had a problem with it, it just makes me realize how much stuff I have accumulated and for me it's a lot of stuff that has meaning and not just junk. I don't want to give away every soccer tournament shirt I ever got or all my soccer sweatshirts from high school, but I don't want them to sit in a box for the rest of my life either. I really want to make a memory quilt out of all my soccer stuff, which I plan on doing some day. Just makes packing harder when you pretty much want to keep everything because it all means so much, but you only have so much room to work with.

No comments: